Monday, July 7, 2014

Coconut Chia Seed Pudding

I've been trying to include more healthy foods in my diet, especially since our son started eating all of the same foods as us. Chia seeds are a good for you seed you can add to smoothies or drinks. They swell when they get wet which is what makes them so filling. They have a ton of fiber and have omega-3 fatty acids, protein and magnesium.

This pudding is made from coconut milk and chia seeds. That's it! Here are the ingredients and how I made it.

1/3 cup chia seeds
2 cups coconut milk

toppings: blueberries, strawberries, almonds or cashews, shredded coconut, honey or agave

Mix chia seeds and coconut milk together. Let it sit in the fridge for an hour to thicken and chill. Serve and top with whatever fruit and nuts you want!

I've also seen a chocolate version that looks yummy. Maybe made with chocolate almond milk? I love this healthy and fun dessert!

0 comments: